IEEE Region 10 Director-Elect 2019-2020.
IEEE Region 10 Director 2021-2022
35-years of professional career in fields of electronics, telecommunication, IT infrastructure and has held various engineering and managerial positions. He has successfully done planning and executions of several IT projects like SCADA, on-line/real-time monitoring systems, IT Infrastructure creation, Wi-Max based broadband wireless access system, GPS/GSM based vehicle tracking system etc. and has led teams of IT professionals and multi-disciplinary teams. Presently he is working on Hi-Tech (Oil) Well Logging Systems to analyze the properties of subsurface to explore the possibility of hydrocarbons. Deepak has BE in Electronics and Communications from IIT, Roorkee and an MBA. He has also completed Advance Management Program from IIM, Calcutta.
- COMMITTEES/BOARDS: Member, IEEE MGA Strategic Direction & Environment Assessment Committee (2014-2015); Member, IEEE MGA Nominations & Appointments Committee (2016-2017); Chair, IEEE SIGHT Operations Subcommittee (2014-2016).
- REGION 10: Sections Congress Coordinator (2008); EXCOM Member (2009-2014, 2017-2018); Chapters Coordinator (2009-2010); Sections Congress Coordinator (2011); Vice-Chair, Technical Activities (Acting); Humanitarian Technology Activities Coordinator (2012, 2013-2014); Vice-Chair, Membership Activities (2017-2018); Director-Elect 2019-2020.
- GUJARAT SECTION: EXCOM Member (1998-2002); Secretary (2003-2004); Vice-Chair and Treasurer (2005); Chair (2006-2007); SMC Chapter Chair (2008-2009); Advisory Committee (2015-2019).
- INDIA COUNCIL: EXCOM Member (2006-2012); Chair-Elect (2013-2014); Chair (2015-2016); Nomination Committee Chair (2017-2018).
- SSIT (Society on Social Implications of Technology): Board of Governors (2013-2015); Newsletter Editor (2011-2016).
- CONFERENCES: (Organized major conferences): Region10 HTC 2013; Region10 HTC 2014; INDICON 2013; INDICON 2014; INDICON 2015; INDICON 2016.
- OTHER: Initiative leader IEEE NIC Project – Conference Presentations Online - completed in 2008.
- Work with IEEE/MGA for more opportunities, recognitions and benefits for Region10 members representing approximately 30% of total IEEE membership.
- Streamline Region10 conferences ensuring quality and work on strategy to bring more international IEEE flagship conferences in the countries of Region10.
- Enhance member value, member satisfaction through Section/Chapter collaborative programs.
- Promote industry academia partnership programs.
- Create more leadership opportunities for Young Professionals (YP) and Women.
- Devise programs for Students and YP, where YP helps students in their career growth.
- Promote sustainable ‘Humanitarian Technology’ projects.
Region10 is unique as it is culturally very diverse and spread over large areas. Region10 is growing and still has potential for further growth. Its volunteers and organizational units are very vibrant and contributing immensely in the growth of IEEE.
As Region10 Director, my priorities shall be to:
I am open to all suggestions for the growth of IEEE, please feel free to share your ideas and concern.
Looking forward to your continued support.
Kindly share your feedback and ideas